[access-uk] Re: t-vonics hard drive upgrade highly recommended

  • From: "John Land" <johndon.land@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 13:15:42 +0100

Hello Ibrahim, (and anyone else who may be interested), Mo Iqbal has just
upgraded two Z500's for me with tb2 hard drives.  You have to choose the drives
carefully to give minimal heat output, as there are no vents in the unit's
case, and no internal fan, despite a port on the back facia.  However both
units are working fine (so far) and give hr117 capacity approx.  Mo has done a
very good job, and found ways to get arround all the problems he came across.
The Z500 performs exactly the same as the dtr500hd, with the same
idiosyncracies! (i.e. fast foreward, and fast rewind are disabled on playback
of radio progs, and some timer recordings only record for min2, even when there
are no conflicts).  But this is the best machine with speach we are going to
get, probably for the next five years I'm afraid.  To access hours used, and
hours remaing, press the "library" button, and the information will appear on
the screen.  If you can't see the screen,, Tough Sh1t!!!
John