[access-uk] Re: tvonics again

  • From: John Gallagher <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 09:01:09 +0000

Hi there
yes this is the difficulty seing if it's the tv or box
well a sighted friend is hear this afternoon so hope we can sort it.
shame there is not an iphone app for sorting it at least it would speak.

I think it has reset but I cannot get any sound whatever i do.

there is a source button on the tv remote but when I first switch on without any speech it is near impossible to actually do anything. it was like my samsung galaxy s iii when I had to reset it whatever I did it would not speak because of the samsung software on it.
this is one thing about the apple devices

from an actual reset or start at least we have a chance
not sure about the new kitcat os system if things are better for us in that way.
thanks then.
At 23:14 11/11/2013, you wrote:
hi john.

it could be a problem with the flash memory on the box it self, however you say that it is your television that needs retuning, not the box? i would get some sighted help in if possible, and go through step by step and then let us know the steps you went through to get it talking again. then we can decide if its your box or your television. it may not be the tvonics box. our TV always switches to the wrong source and even after years of trying, i could never figure out how to get the dam thing to go to the scartt source where the tvonics box was. i have now switched to another tv thankfully.

all the best,

Mo.

On 11/11/2013 20:03, John Gallagher wrote:
Hi all
Wonder if anyone can help
On Friday evening our telly would not speak.
after tuning a piano for a chap on Saturday he dropped me home and reset our telly for us.

Apparently it needed retuning.
again this evening the same thing has happened I think.

I did look at the manual and it says
try

menu down o.k
down down o.k
down down down right
nothing happens after doing this.
so if it is asking to be retuned again does this means the box is about to give up the ghost.?
any help much apriciated.
thanks.