[access-uk] Re: turning off updates

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 17:25:52 +0000

Hi Niam.

If running windows 7, click start, and type update in the search box. the first result should be windows update, hit enter. tab through the resulting dialogue until you get to change settings. enter on that, and that brings up update settings for automatic updates. select either turn off updates or notify me but don't download or install updates. I'd recommend the latter and click ok. that's it.

on windows XP, click start, then go to control panel or settings/control panel if in classic view, and enter on the automatic updates option. there, you can select the option to notify you before downloading or installing. using these methods, you can ensure you only install the updates you want.

HTH,

Mo.

On 14/11/2012 17:09, Niamh wrote:
Is there anyway of ensuring that windows does not update without you knowing?
Niamh