[access-uk] Re: turning off auto shutdown feature on sky+hd box?

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 09:35:10 -0000

Hi Simon,

Get a Sky HD box and use the iOS or Android app.  They are both pretty
accessible.  Not perfect, but they work somewhat and you can certainly look
at your planner, play back and delete recordings and in the case of Android
but not so easy with iOS, you can even download on demand.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

Tel: +44(0)1438-742286

Mob: +44(0)7956-334938

Fax: +44(0)1438-759589

Email:  <mailto:steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web:  <http://www.comproom.co.uk/> http://www.comproom.co.uk

From: goshawk on horseback <mailto:goshawk_on_horseback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: philips_vcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; classic-vcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;
vcrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; tvi-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;
TVConnections@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; hometheatershack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;
dvd-audio96kHz24bit_hdcd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; blindgadgets@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;
blindaudio <mailto:blindaudio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  ; access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2013 7:19 AM

Subject: [access-uk] turning off auto shutdown feature on sky+hd box?

hello all,

does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the feature on a sky+hd box,
that makes it turn off after a certain amount of time?

as this feature is a total pest when trying to use it with a good old video
recorder! as half the time, by the time the VCR comes on, the sky+hd box has
shutdown, so nothing records!

it is driving me mad, and I really want to stop the sky+hd box from doing
this, if I can.

Simon