[access-uk] Re: trying to update my Zen Stone

  • From: Marie Baisez <baisez.marie@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 14:14:04 +0100

Updated my stone yesterday,: 1, made sure once connected the unit showed in Win Explorer, 2, located the exe file: link provided on this list earlier this week and pressed enter on it. 3, was given 3 options: a, reformat, b, start,c, cancel. 4, chose b, naturally but was told the unit couldn't be upgraded without a reformat. 5, was presented with 2 options: continue or cancel. 6, had no choice but to continue. The unit disconnected twice from the USB port judging by the sound feedback from the PC,the upgrade took less than a minute, and I was informed when it was complete, and the progress bar was read by JFW during the whole process. I spent the next hour filling up the stone again with my favourite music. The unit boots up a lot faster now and skips between files faster as well. I use it primarily to make all the waiting we have to endure in this life more bearable. For it to be perfect for me, the stone would take the shape of 2 earbuds type devices preferably not connected by a cable similar to the digital hearing aids HIPS wear these days. That way, you could slip it in and out of your pocket easily and unobtrusively. Ihaven't yet managed to put the unit away in a flash when I jump when my name is called by the receptionist at the doctor's surgery. I always end up with the headphone cable winding itself round my cane, dragging around my feet or sticking out of my pocket. Are the armbands you can buy for the stone practical? you still have to stow the headphone somewhere else I presume or have they got a small compartment built-in to put them in?

Hope I haven't bored too many of you.
Cheers now,
Marie
----- Original Message ----- From: "Caroline Ford" <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Author: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29th November 2007 22:55

Hi Caroline,

I wonder if you had a very early version of the firmware on your machine.
The reason I say that, is in your Podcast, your Zen took a good ten seconds
longer than mine to boot.

I was able to update mine without reformatting, which also makes me
suspicious.

All the best

Steve