[access-uk] trying to get sound back on a hp vista pc

  • From: terry cooper <terrycooper94@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindvista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:39:50 -0000

Hi all

Was hoping someone could help with the following.

Quite a few weeks ago now, I was playing around in the media settings, and
obviously pressed something that knocked my sound settings out, as I have no
jaws, and no vista start up tune.

I don't have access to a screen, as I didn't buy one with this desktop.

I was hoping that someone could go through the key strokes and write them down
so I could try to follow them, in order that I can try to restore sound
settings.

I was considering two options, either system restore, or either restoring the
pc to its original out of the box factory settings.

I would prefer to try system restore first, but at the end of the day, I'll try
anything.

With the restore option, it would obviously need someone with sight, as those
options can only be run as the pc is booting up.

It would be really good to have this desktop back up and running.

I don't know the model name of the HP desktop, but quite often I think the
function key is the same, and only changing according to manufacturer.

thanks for any help

Regards

terry