[access-uk] Re: to Steve re Spico synth for NVDA

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:01:48 +0100

Hi Steve, that's exactly where I said. Instructions from original post below.
How does that differ from the correct way?

  The file is a self extracting archive. Copy the extracted files to the NVDA
synth drivers folder. To do this go to start menu, arrow down to NVDA, right
arrow to open the submenu, press enter on Explore User Configuration, then
arrow down to synth drivers and press enter to open the folder. Paste the
extracted files in there.

  You can select the Svox Pico synth by going to the NVDA synthesizer menu,
then set your preferred voice in voice settings.

                    John.