[access-uk] Re: threat to local library services to VI people: RnIB wants your experiences

  • From: Angela Bartram <maudlinmertle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 09:46:19 +0100 (BST)

Thanks for this article very useful- as someone with a visual impairment who
works for a local VI society in one of the potentially affected areas and
regularly visits libraries etc with a mobile resource unit, I was very
concerned to read this.

  I will bring the issue to everyone's attention immediately. Our clientele is
mainly elderly and the Talking Book Service is invaluable to a large number of
our service users,
  Thanks,
  Angela

Ray's Home <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  The following message was posted to RNIB's Arena Talking Book list and Trudy
Salandiak has said she would welcome the message being posted to other lists
which I and another list member thought it would be good to do as this is,
in my view, an important issue.

I'd say to the list moderators and the list generally, I am not seeking to
start a discussion on this here as it is a bit off-topic I guess. Replies
should go instead to Trudy's RNIB address which I am going to put at the end
of her message to the Arena list as a mailto link.

Finally, if anyone here is subscribed to the Vi-genlist it would be nice if
you could post it to that too as I am not subscribed.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx