[access-uk] the time it takes From turning on to desk top

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:18:27 -0000

Hi all -

I did a time check this morning for the time it takes from actually turning on
the laptop, to accessing the desk top with JAWS13. Here's what I found:

Time taken from turning on to hearing start up music for Vista, 70 seconds,
approx.
Time taken from hearing Vista start up music to JFW speaking the log-on screen,
2 minutes, approx.
Time taken from entering log-on password, to desk top where JAWS announces
"JAWS is ready...", 80 seconds, approx.

So, a total time of about 4.5 minutes. Do others find this consistent with
their booting/logging on experience? It feels rather long to me, I am only
allowing a handful of apps to load at start up, but it might be that Avast is
doing a boottime scan ahead of my log on, so, it would be interesting to hear
how long it takes other peoples machines to reach the desk top, both those with
Avast installed, and those without it -

Andy