[access-uk] Re: the mac

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 11:01:59 +0100

Hi, sorry for the long e-mail but here is what I got when trying to sub to this list maybe wrong e-mail address? thanks text below.

     subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain mac-access.net. by mail.tft-bbs.co.uk. [109.224.207.178].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.1.1 <subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table

From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 10:59:54 +0100
To: subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

On 29/06/2014 10:24, Jackie Brown wrote:
Hi Kevin

I'm still here! (smile).  Just busy with tennis and the World Cup!!

There are lots of Mac resources out there, but don't be afraid to ask on
list if you think someone can answer your questions, we've all got to start
somewhere.

One list I subscribe to which is very well run, is the Mac Access list.
Send a blank message to
subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Enjoy.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate

From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, 28 June 2014 8.14 pm

Hi,   I have just went out and bought the mac book pro,  can you give
some tips where to start?  My mate will help me when he has the time
but
I would like to get started. thanks.

On 28/06/2014 13.19, John Gallagher wrote:
Hi Eleanor it's great to learn the mac but it took me some time to
do > it.
I have the macbook pro but I sort of cheated and put vmware fusion
on > it
and then I put windows 7 on it.
so now I have the best of both worlds.
the thing about windows 7 on it is that it is a clean windows
install > no
rubbish from manufacturers.
it's interesting though to learn something else.