[access-uk] Re: the knfb reader

  • From: Aman Singer <aman.singer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 11:09:12 -0400

Hi, Eleanor and all,

This is just another tool for the toolbox. I sometimes use it to do
quick sorting of mail, have used it to determine whether a document is
the one I wanted when there was no scanner around, etc. The use cases
can all, I think, be done differently. If I was near my PC, I could
have scanned that document and seen whether it was what I wanted. If I
had a family member around, they could have sorted the mail. There is
nothing this can do that a sighted person, a scanner, an electronic
file from the publisher... can't do, the point is to have this extra
tool when it is the best method or the most convenient.
Aman