[access-uk] Re: telephoning overseas mobiles

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:33:39 +0100

Hi Caroline,

The UK caller pays the normal UK rate of call.

You pay the bit from the UK to wherever you are abroad, so
it can get quite costly if you have a lot of people call you
regularly who don't know you are abroad.

For that reason, when my wife goes to Denmark, she takes her
own phone with here, but buys a local pay as you go simcard.

Only those who really need it are texted that number, and
the callers then pay the full whack of the call to Denmark.

George.