[access-uk] Re: talx or mobile-speak

  • From: "Steve Dryden" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 17:19:48 +0100

Hi Jo,  Long time no talk?  Hope you and Linda are well.

I believe the difference really lies in the fact that Talks is more of an actual screen reader which will interface with considerably more of the phones facilities and applications. MA is more like a separate program that uses it's own menus etc to allow you to do things like texting and managing your contacts. The immediate disadvantage for me is that it doesn't allow you to use all the phones features. I'm sure that someone else could give you a more definitive comparrison but I've gotta say that Talks wins it for me, especially with the new 6680 from Nokia. With having a stereo MP3 player on board, I'm in my element! smiles.

Regards.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Paton" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>