[access-uk] Re: talking digital media centre

  • From: "Kevin Lloyd" <kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 11:29:59 +0100

Agree Steve but it was a very impressive demo that showed complete access to
the EPG with clear voice as well as full access to DVD menus.  It
demonstrated audio CD playback but didn't mention the MP3 shortcomings.  It
supported audio description and even allowed you to adjust the audio
description with the program itself so you could blend to your own
preferences.  The demo was recorded at last year's sight village if I
remember correctly and featured on either Soundings or Infotech with Terry
Clasper and Brian interviewing a guy from Portset.  Surprised that interest
is being rekindled so long after that article back in July / August last
year.  They were expecting the player to go to market November last year
but, as I said, when I found there was no picture and therefore it was not a
product designed for integration into an average living room, then I lost
interest completely.  It would be interesting to hear that review again -
don't know whether Brian and Terry have previous articles available for
download?

I do have a computer in the living room wirelessly connected to the other 3
computers in the house which covers all of my music and browsing
requirements but must admit to not having dabbled too much with digital TV.

Regards.

Kevin
E-mail:  kevin.lloyd3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx