[access-uk] Re: talking digital media centre

  • From: Frank Haslam <frank.haslam1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 21:34:18 +0100

Hi, Sandra!

My wife purchased the full Portset Media Centre with talking remote control and DVD Player and it cost her 995 pounds.

Portset promised that she could keep the Media Centre for 14 days and then return it if not satisfied.

Portset also required a signed VAT exemption form before sending the Media Centre.

They also supplied on request a manual in Word, which I can send you if you write privately.

The Media Centre is about the same size as a Sky box, but a bit deeper.

All keys speak and it's supposed to self-tune.

We had a digital aerial fitted for around 80 pounds.

However,the Media Centre couldn't pick up a signal so we sent it back.

We were also somewhat surprised to find that it couldn't play MP3 CDs.

For the price given above, I feel there should be better quality control and, at the very least, the facility of playing MP3 CDs.

The aerial man tested the aerial with meters and said that the gain was over and above usual requirements.

Gatley is usually a very good area for freeview.

--
Frank - blind as a bat and proud of it too.
frank.haslam1@xxxxxxxxxxxx