[access-uk] Re: system access service

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 22:11:14 +0100

from what I've tried on Freedom Box, it's not equivalent to JAWS, and comes
with its own text interface that can summon a whole plethora of services. I
don't know about the shopping bit, but the weather certainly covers the UK if
that's any guide.

Other things include an Instant Messenger and a voice recognition module. It
doesn't cost anything to have a look, and for a lot of people it would be just
the right way to get into using their computers.

If you're skilled with Jaws I don't know of any particuar reason why System
access would be any better, but it's a bit simpler to use if you're not skilled
with Jaws.

Vince.