[access-uk] Re: system access V NVDA?

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 14:04:42 +0000

hi. you may need to confirm that NVDA is saving your settings on exit, that option needs to be checked in general under preferences. then when you restart it should reactivate the character and word setting.

HTH,

Mo.

On 28/11/2013 14:02, Vincent Thacker wrote:
Alistair,

NVDA says "find" if you press Control F because text appears on screen also that says find. That is not the NVDA command. This is from the Commands Quick Reference on the NVDA Help menu.

NVDA+control+f Pops up a dialog in which you can type some text to find in the current document

Sorry, it wasn't just Insert F, which gives you the current formatting.

The NVDA key can be Insert or Caps Lock depending on how you've got it set.

Don't understand the typed letters / typed words problem. I keep both of these checked ecause both come in useful most of the time.

Vince.

    Message Received: Nov 28 2013, 01:35 PM
    From: "Alistair"
    To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Subject: [access-uk] Re: system access V NVDA?

    Hi Vince thanks for this,control F is the find command on NVDA as
    when I type it in it  says find but doesn't! Insert F brings up a
    list of fonts! the other bug bear of mine is when I alter from
    characters to words in keyboard commands it doesn't work either!
    Despite ok'ing and saving. ah the joys!

    Alistair

        From: "Alistair"
        To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Hi Vince, useing IE 11 but can't seem to get the latest
        firefox to work properly with either screen reader, it starts
        then freezes and it is the latest build.  will have a look at
        all of the below, thank you! eyes duly coming at 4.30! Just
        hope I can make the transition!

            From: "Alistair"
            To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

            Hi vince, Sometimes I get a screen cluttered with what
            sounds like code especially on the net. Whilst I do think
            for a freeby it is amazing I do miss the jfw curser which
            sometimes allows access to buttons otherwise invisible! I
            also have never mastered the ctr F  command to find items
            on a web page, it either ignores me or misses the word
            entirely! Don't think it likes me! lol! Think I may
            re-install it and see how we go, updateing to windows 8.1
            later today so no option but to use NVDA as I don't think
            JFW 14 works with it! Thanks

            alistair