[access-uk] Re: system access

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 07:53:03 +0100

Hi Amro,

Not generous, but business savvy.  For example, if you have a screen reader
that is low in price, but fairly good in operation like SA, then eventually,
it could take a bigger bite of the market share.  Most average users, who
just want to Email, surf and use Word a little or whatever, would get along
just fine with SA, and wouldn't need the feature set of the big boys.  I
would even argue that SA has had some unique features for years. For
example, at Freedom Sci, they have been trumpeting last year about how
wonderful auto forms mode is. Well SA has done that all the time.  In fact,
it never behaved any differently, and was the only screen reader since its
inception that actually had auto forms at the start.

All the best

Steve

  _____