[access-uk] survey which may be of interest to some

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 18:03:06 +0000

i saw this on an irish list. please forgive the cross posting, but i am forwarding on to various lists as it sounds like they could really do with the feedback.

Hi, we are two first year students from Killorglin Community College. Our names are Timothy McGrath and Donal Brennan. We have qualified for the BT Young Scientist Competition 2015 which will be held in the RDS. Our project aims to use existing mobile technology to improve the lives of people with visual impairments. We are using this survey to determine how you use technology to assist you already, what your level of impairment is and if our app can help you. If we are successful it will help visually impaired people to navigate around unfamiliar buildings through the assistance of their mobile phone. We really need to get this survey out to as many respondants as possible for research purposes to help steer the app development in the right direction. We would appreciate if you could fill it out as soon as possible and forward it on to other visually impaired people that you may know. If you would like to find out more about the project please email our deputy principal, Donal O' Reilly, at
dp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
BT Young Scientist Visually Impaired Survey
the survey can be found at:

*http://tinyurl.com/m5xteyv

all the best,

Mo.