[access-uk] Re: spyware

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 19:44:24 +0100

Try running the antispyware from safe mode.

Cheers,

Doris At 05:20 PM 1/6/2006 +0000, you wrote:

I was going to suggest MS anti-spyware myself, only the Accessibility
Barrier was giving me great reservations. I do use it, but undoubtedly don't
by any means derive its full potential.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Matthews
Cardiff, Wales, UK
E-mail/MSN/Windows Messenger:  mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype:  MMatthews1981
Mobile:  07779 147874
Home Page:  http://www.qsl.net/gw0wgk/

-----Original Message----- From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of George Bell Sent: 06 January 2006 17:06 To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] Re: spyware

Hi Brian,

Although not entirely accessible as yet, Microsoft's own anti-spyware scores
very highly in my book.

What I especially like about it is that it is interactive,
in so much as if spyware hit you, it traps it there and
then.  With ALL other packages, you only find out if you
have spyware when you run a scan.

However, be aware that some spyware can only be removed manually.  That
said, if one program fails to remove it, it pays to Google for a dedicated
solution.

George.