[access-uk] Re: speach to text software:

  • From: "Hussein Patwa " <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 18:05:34 -0000

Apologies for the duplication again, another HTML message disappeared into a
black hole.

Hi,

No, you don't need anything special to use the software.  Just a microphone.
I use my Logitech webcam which also has noise cancelling and this works
great.  But you could even use the computer's built in microphone, for
example those on a laptop.

Another option is to use a headset, but I've found unless this is a wireless
one you'll be tied to the computer.  With the webcam I mentioned above, the
quality is such that I can continue dictating even when moving around my
room so I don't have to be directly in front of the computer.  It's a
godsend when working on my novels, when I don't want to feel as if I'm
working sitting in the same place all the time.

HTH.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.

I am participating in the 2009 National Novel Writing Month Challenge.
Follow my progress at http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/498747

Hussein Patwa
Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)
Skype: patwaspotterfan2
GoogleTalk: thewanderingwriter
Web: www.patwanet.co.uk
My Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: For security reasons calls from witheld numbers may not be
connected.  Please release your number so it can be viewed prior to calling.
Contact your telephone service provider for advice on how to do this if
required.  All calls may be recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive
information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).  Copying or
distribution in any form is not permitted without the prior consent of the
sender.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
any attachments from your system and notify the sender immediately.  Thank
you for your co-operation.

Protect our trees; Do not print unless absolutely necessary.  Save paper by
deleting sections of the message which are not relevant.