[access-uk] sound card recommendation

  • From: "Bobby McNab" <colwyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 12:53:31 +0100

Hi,
I'm looking to purchase a new soundcard, I currently have 2 PCI cards on my PC,
2 creative ones, an audigy 2 zs which I use for jaws, and an sb xtreme which I
use for music and movies.
I'm probably looking to replace theXtreme for better quality music and movie
sounds.
Anyone got any suggestions on what to buy?  My budget would be around 100 to
150 pounds.
My local computer store has a wide range of Asus Xonar sound cards ranging in
price from 30 quid up to over 300 quid.  anyone had any experience with these?
Thanks.
Bobby