[access-uk] Re: silent mobile phone

  • From: "Angel" <angel238@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 10:05:55 -0400

I will tell you this story. A Nigerian friend asked me to get for him a phone number. Using the free directory assistance service available for us here in the States. It ran on voice recognition technology. Now, though he had a doctorate, and knew all sorts of things, his accent was almost thick enough to cut with a knife. As a result, though he was as smart as an elephant, that voice recognition program the directory assistance company used was unable to understand a word he said. There was no other way to access the number he wanted. Because the free service would not allow access to it using a human assistant. What a shame I say. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Saqib" <saqibh23@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>