[access-uk] Re: signing up to Twitter

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 13:19:16 -0000

Hi Damon

Twitter itself once you are joined is very accessible for a screen reader user.
I signed up several weeks ago when it seems they had a file with audio
containing numbers for people who can't read the image. Now they have changed
it though they say the numbers thing is still there if you go to Help, but it's
not. I've experimented with the sign up since myself trying to sign up a
charity I am involved with, but as you say no matter what words you type in it
comes back as wrong even though they tell you just to have your best guess. So
it seems they have changed it from being quite accessible to join up to being
impossible. All in the name of progress and improvements I am sure. Looks like
it's the good old sighted help for now.

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046