[access-uk] signing up to Twitter

  • From: "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:45:33 -0000

HI there.

Am trying to sign up to Twitter at twitter.com.

On the face of it, it looks as if they've thought about accessibility which is
great. There is an audio captcha feature: just click, listen, and tap the words
you hear into the box before you are able to sign up.

I've listened again and again to over a dozen different audio captchas this
morning - they sound like segments taken from old movies - and I've typed what
I heard faithfully into the captcha field. I've even tried only typing in a
couple of the words, or the most clear words, various combinations as the audio
says that it doesn't matter if you can't hear it properly, just take your best
guess.

But I've failed again and again. It seems to me that the audio bears absolutely
no relation to the sign up process whatsoever.

Has anyone else had any luck with this recently?

Hasten to add that the idea of joining Twitter doesn't fill me with amazement,
I'm kinda doing it for research purposes.

Thanks.

...Damon