[access-uk] Re: setting up gmail using imap and outlook

  • From: Tristram Llewellyn <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:50:58 +0000

I can only sympathize as in the past I have personally found Outlook a bit
finicky with Gmail, which among other things is what finally sent me to Apple
Mail.  Since that is not an option most people can take, how about service pack
updates for Outlook is it up to service pack three.  Also if you have the
specifics of the error the Gmail solution centre can on occasion be genuinely
helpful.

BTW: with Outlook 2010 it just goes in without any problems whatever and you
don't even need to worry about port numbers and authentication, it obviously
has a way of sorting that out itself.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support
www.sightandsound.co.uk

Mail:
Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line: 0845 634 7979

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales, with company number 1408275.

Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road