[access-uk] setting up a braille display

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@Freelists. Org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 11:49:35 +0100

Hi Folks,

I have just acquired a Powerbraille 40  and have encountered a problem in
setting it up.  I have installed the drivers, and looked in Jaws, the latest
version.  However, when asked to select the output for the powerbraille, it
does not allow me to select the USB port which I intended to use.  Can
anyone tell me whether there is a reason why I should not connect via USB or
should I use one of the com ports.  I do have a spare com port, but have no
idea which number it is.  Maybe I should wait for sighted help, but I would
rather like to get it working.

Any hints and tips would be appreciated, or if there is a website where I
can find instructions for connecting the powerbraille that might assist.  I
have looked briefly on the internet, but not found anything as yet.

thanks.

David