[access-uk] Re: sending out email news letters without everyone else knowing all the email addresses

  • From: "Howie, Sam" <Sam.Howie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:06:21 +0100

You are correct

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Ray's Home
Sent: 21 April 2006 14:53
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] sending out email news letters without everyone
else knowing all the email addresses

Not too important a subject as this list goes, but I have had one or two
instances of people sending out news letters with all the recipients in the
'to' field.

Am I right in thinking that if all those addresses went into a BCC field, then
no one on the list would recieve all the email addresses?  I guess you could
put yourself in the usual 'to' field to confirm sending out of the message. Or,
can you just send out emails in the BCC field without anything in the 'to'
field?

As I say, not very important, but would be interested to get some answers.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

Support Scotland's Bid to host the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow - visit
www.glasgow2014.com

Disclaimer:
This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this message
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this message.
Glasgow City Council cannot accept responsibility for viruses, so please
scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect
those of the Council who will not necessarily be bound by its contents.