[access-uk] Re: sending it back

  • From: "LaMcAs" <lamcas17@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 07:55:06 +0100

William

What isn't keeping up - the Audio description? Or the Talking Menus/Program
Guide?

It is widely accepted that the speech on this box isn't as good as it could
be it is a start and for Goodman's to venture in to this can only be a good
thing as they are one of the "low end" big players. I accept the speech rate
isn't as fast as I would like it I can however live with it. I don't have
Sky nor Virgin and will not pay for a TV services whilst I can get channels
for free.

Consider the cost of the Smart Talk with the Netgem box, well where are
Netgem now? And not long after they went out of business they stopped
updates for the box, which didn't even read the program listing!

I hope that better boxes will come out, with the option to be able to record
as well, but for what it is and the price I am happy with my purchase.

Larry & Flax GD (Guide Dog)
& Elliot RTG (Retired Guide Dog)
London, UK