[access-uk] Re: sending exe files with plusnet

  • From: Patricia Fraser <pfraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:25:45 +0100

Hi Graham,

I think George might have his wires crossed - the person in question
whose provider blocked executables was me, and it wasn't Plusnet that
refused - it was the Australian provider that hosts my personal email
and domain. 8-) Plusnet might indeed block executables, but I don't know
- and neither does George! In fact, my very nice and careful provider
not only blocks Windows executables, it blocks every kind of executable
you can think of.

Probably it would be best to actually ask Plusnet what they do. But
sending exe files as attachments (including zipped, or otherwise
disguised) is probably not the best idea, especially when there are free
services like YouSendIt.

Cheers,
--
Patricia Fraser