[access-uk] Re: selling mobile phones

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:25:21 -0000

Hi,

Speaking from a business and economic perspective here, I'd only caution you
if you're main aim is to maximise the price gained for your mobile.  Many of
these companies that buy old mobiles for recycling or refurbishment use
significantly higher rates of depreciation than on the street or, for
example, via online sites such as eBay or Amazon.  what this basically means
is that the price these companies offer decreases more sharply over the same
length of time than with the open market trends on eBay, etc, which tends to
remain at an elevated level for some time, especially for phones that were
really good at the time such as the N95 8GB or N82.

You have to balance the simplicity and environmental considerations of the
mainstream companies with the economic payback available through other sales
channels.

HTH.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,