[access-uk] Re: selling a jaws license

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:12:52 +0100

Hi Derek

If you have a copy of a software licence, and remember it's only a licence
of that software, you don't own it, you have to notify the vendor to keep it
above board.  I'm not in any way against notifying the relevant parties, and
ensuring the recipient's name and correct number of keys are accounted for.
But I would strongly object to paying £75 for the privilege, in addition to
having to update to the latest version first, that's just milking it.  But
it's just my take on it, some will agree, and others won't.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns