[access-uk] selling a jaws license

  • From: "jim mcauslan" <jim.mcauslan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 08:20:47 +0100

Hi List,

I have a lisence for Jaws professional version 12 and it is now surplus to requirement but I found out that if I wish to sell on the lisence I have to firstly upgrade it to the latest version and then pay a transfer of ownership fee of £80 or there abouts.

My question is why can't I sell this product to whoever is willing to pay for it? Why does it have to be the latest version and why does it cost so much to transfer ownership?

Seems like a huge rip off curtesy of Freedom Scientific, or am I just being overly cynical?

Jim McAuslan from sunny Findhorn
jim.mcauslan@xxxxxxx
minds are like parachutes
work best when open