[access-uk] Re: selecting and copying a web address

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 21:53:28 +0000

Hi, in Firefox one can go to tools and enter on page info. If you tab along, it will tell you the current address. Guess it tells you in the location bar as well, but don't use it so can't say for definite. Hope that helps.

Mark Matthews wrote:
Hi Terry.
Once you're on the page of the address you want to copy and paste press ALT
+ D...this should get you to the browser's address bar displaying the
address, which should be highlighted. Copy it to the clipboard with CTRL+C.
Next, navigate to where you'd like the address to appear such as an email
message, Word document etc, and then paste with CTRL+V.
Note you can also get to the address bar with F4...its just a matter of
preference which keystroke you use. Also perhaps I'd better add the above
works fine with IE, but unfortunately due to lack of experience with other
browsers at this moment in time, I can't guarantee how valid this would be
if you're using anything else such as Mizilla Firefox. HTH.
Cheers,

Mark

Mark Matthews
Cardiff, Wales, UK