[access-uk] Re: search in xp

  • From: "Joe Hunter" <jjjgidlow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:38:07 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Douglas Harrison" <harrisondf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 02, 2005 7:58 AM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: search in xp

Joe,
I don't know the answer as I have never had this problem myself, but could you tell us
exactly what happens when you try to open the Search Companion - with f3, Windows
key and F or even via the Start menu?
Does any change occur on the screen? Do you get an error message or a warning
sound?

hello douglas,
when I press f 3 from the desktop all that happens is that it says recyclebin unselectedbut I can not going to recycle at this point.
search via the windows key has no responce at all.
joe.

Douglas

On 1 Sep 2005 at 9:52, Joe Hunter wrote:

hello all,

i am only a few weeks in to xp and experencing the following problem.

The f 3 key that usually pulled in the search files and folders or text is no longer working.

Even the search achieved via the left windows menue does not respond.

Anyone had this problem and solved it?

--

Douglas Harrison