[access-uk] Re: scanners

  • From: "andrew shipp" <andrew.shipp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 10:33:50 -0000

Hi Jackie, would you please give me the website for human ware please. I would like to look up about this scanner. Many thanks Andy S

-----Original Message----- From: Jackie Cairns
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 10:25 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: scanners

Hi Ron

There are a few: the SARA from S and S, manufactured by Freedom Scientific,
and the very fast Eye-Pal, sold by Humanware.  Optelec do a very portable
scanning device, but it is expensive.

I hope that points you in the right direction.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns

From: Mark Matthews - Email Address: mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 12/11/2012 16:01
Sent To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ron,

I'd recommend the CanoScan LiDE 60. This scanner has no power cable...its
powered from the PC when plugged into the USB port. I've had mine for
about six
years now.

Mark
----- Original Message ----- From: r.sears1