[access-uk] Re: scanners

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 04:07:21 -0000

Hi Ron.

Are we talking about accessible solutions here? If so, there are several, the SARA (Scanning and Reading Appliance" from Freedom Scientific, also the IPal range from Humanware.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: ron sears
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2012 6:17 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: scanners

Thanks Mark and Paul. My friend is looking for a scanner which doesn't need a
computer.  There must be one around?

Cheers

Ron
----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Benson" <paul.benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mark Matthews - Email Address: mark.matthews53@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 12/11/2012 16:01
Sent To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ron,

I'd recommend the CanoScan LiDE 60. This scanner has no power cable...its
powered from the PC when plugged into the USB port. I've had mine for about six
years now.

Mark
----- Original Message ----- From: r.sears1