[access-uk] Re: scanner software

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 22:46:29 -0000

It’s been a very long while since I’ve looked into this so I can’t recall all the ins and outs but when I was looking to buy ABBYY Finereader I ended up buying ABBYY Scan to Office instead. I think it was only half the price of ABBYY Finereader and uses the same OCR engine of Finereader so just as accurate. I bought it before Windows 7 so people have to check what the score is in regards of compatibility.

Amro

-----Original Message----- From: Ibrahim Gucukoglu
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 7:15 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: scanner software

Hi Adrian

The most affordable scanning solution I have used for some years now it's Abby fine reader. I know it is a commercial product, but for the most part it is accessible and has a task launcher which performs most common functions including scanning to Microsoft Word and PDF documents. Some scanners also come with their own scanning application with basic functionality and will only scan images, sometimes it can OCR text but this very much depends on the manufacturer. For instance, my Abson workforce printer has a OCR component but my canon standalone scanner does not.

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Jan 2016, at 05:55, Adrien Collins <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I am looking for some up-to-date scanner software, what is
available and affordable? I have a new canon pixma mg2400
multipurpose scanner and would like to get it scanning.

Regards

Adrien

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq