[access-uk] Re: scanner question

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:05:24 -0000

Hi Derek.  My main reason for saying this is that OpenBook seems generally
to have been developed less often.  but as I note JAWS has gone down in
Price I suspect OpenBook has too and it could be that the price difference
makes it worth considering.

While I have not played with OpenBook,  I know Kurzweil has the ability to
optimise the scanning settings such as brightness or threshhold and the
recognition settings such as the recognition engine used, the quality of
print being recognised etc.

Cheers

Graham
Graham Page