[access-uk] scangeatr driver problems

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 14:29:20 -0000

Hi everybody. I have a Canon Canoscan Lide 210 scanner. Up till recently I had no problem at all with the driver, but as of a month or so ago I get an error message from the driver telling me to release the lock switch, which is already unlocked, and to reconnect. I have tried both doing what it asks, locking and then disconnecting, unlocking and reconnecting and then clicking ok on the error message, and doing it after clicking the ok button, and, if neither did the trick closing the programme and doing it, then reloading the programme. It has luckily sorted itself after usually about quarter of an hour repeating the process I describe, at which point the scanner chirps about six or so times, probably resetting, and then everything's fine till the next time. It had occurred to me that for some reason the driver was forgetting its settings, and removed C cleaner just in case it was wiping something it shouldn't, but no difference. I then redownloaded and reinstalled the driver just in case it had become corrupted. It worked fine after being installed, but it was back to the same old nonsense the next day. I know at least one person on this list uses the same scanner. Am I the only one having problems, and any idea how I can sort it?

              Thanks,
                   John.