[access-uk] Re: sainsburys have become non accessible for booking delivery slots as of today

  • From: Léonie Watson <lw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:43:38 +0100

Andrew,

    Count me in! *Grin.

    To claim that amending the site would be too expensive is, frankly, a
pathetic defense. Sainsbury's are a FTSE 100 company, so I don't believe
they simply can't afford it. If they'd bothered to get it right the first
time around, then the expense wouldn't be facing them.

    In 2000, a chap called Maguire took the Sydney Olympics Committee to
court, under the Australian Disability Discrimination Act. In their defence,
the SOC said that they couldn't afford to make the changes required of them.
Consequently, they were fined something in the region of $20,00. It's worth
pointing out this to Sainsbury's if you get the opportunity.

    The whole thing is more ridiculous in light of the fact that Sainsbury's
have already been around the mulberry bush once, having resolved issues with
the delivery process at the end of last year! It's one thing making a
mistake in the first place, but to make it again is simply ridiculous.

    Actually, I'm that irritated that I'm going to write to their head
office, as soon as I can track down the name of the company chairman or
similar honcho.

Cheers,
Tink.