[access-uk] safely removing hardware (revisited)

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 08:43:21 +0100

Hi all,

I'm sorry to resurrect this subject again but I have a query regarding
my external hard drive.

I have had to connect this to my laptop as my desktop is dying and
wonder about the procedure for turning off when I'm leaving it connected
to the laptop.

Basically, I'm using the laptop on my desk at times and therefore do not
need, necessarily, to unplug everything.  In this situation, where I'm
again going to put the laptop into hybernation and then bring it out
again for use, should I go through the "Safely Remove Hardware"
procedure before putting the laptop into hybernation?

Thanks for clarification on this point.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't think so Carol, as hibernation switches off your PC once it's saved the current state of the machine to the hard disk.