[access-uk] ruter security problems

  • From: "John R. & guide dog Iris" <johnathanrichards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 17:08:37 -0000

HI everyone I know this isn't very appropiate for this list but if someone could help on or off list will help. I've got a linksees ruter. I'm hard wired to the ruter but it also has wireless capabilities enabled. I know this because my dads laptop on wireless can connect to it as well. now the problem i'm facing is in the linksees electronic manual it gives me the IP address, password, and user name to log in to the ruter. and telles me what should be coming up. now it says type that address in to the internet browser, I've done that it says press enter and you'll get a logo logon screan asking for my password and user default names. but when I press enter on that address I get a 404 error, page can not be found. but yet I'm using it now through the ruter so my question is:

how can I configger the ruter when I can't get to the settings?

please can someone help me please?

I'm going to be posting this on multiple lists for help please if you see it more then once can you help where you can but also you can E-mail me off list as well on the following address:
johnathanrichards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks for anyone's help

from John and guide dog Iris