[access-uk] Re: running out of disc space on my D drive?

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 11:20:34 +0000

Vince,

I suppose one could substitute the parameters on the command line running
the batch file, just be sure %1 %2 . . . %n contain the values in correct
order therefore the command line using the windows run command, would be:

windows key r
space.bat %1 %2 . . . %n

where %1 = disk drive and %2 = file size and %n = . . . .

Even now, occasionally I use dos, simply because I knew dos (usually 4dos)
very well and wrote a good many .bat files to do all kinds of operations in
4dos, not knowing how to achieve in any of the windows systems I have used.
For instance,file masking in windows I know not how to achieve hence still
often use dos.

 --
My life is still in BETA test.