[access-uk] Re: running nvda automatically

  • From: <doherty468@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 20:26:42 +0100

Hi,

This has been taken from an email sent by David Rennalds. "
It depends which version of windows you are running:
On your USB drive, there should be a folder called NVDA. Assuming this is
the case, open up notepad, and type or paste the following:
[AutoRun]
open=nvda\nvda.exe
action=Start NVDA
icon=nvda\nvda.exe
shell\NVDA="Start NVDA"
shell\NVDA\command=nvda\nvda.exe
shell=NVDA

Save this I the root directory of the USB drive, as autorun.inf
When you insert the usb drive in another computer, you should be able to
press enter, and NVDA should start."

Jim

-----Original Message----- From: Adrien Collins Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:22 PM To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [access-uk] Re: running nvda automatically
Ok in that case, how can my friend run nvda on pen with no
speech, for the first time, the pen will be put on the pc,
he will need sighted assistance to navigate to the pen and
hit the shortcut, I have experimented and tried using a
hotkey but of course the drive letter will be different for
each pc. There must be a way around this.

Regards

Adrien