[access-uk] Re: rnib talking book library

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:28:28 +0100

Hi Chris

The same applies to the Braille catalogue too, and not before time.  Imagine
ordering a whole pile of books, as I did a few weeks ago, and not being able
to see your list?  Even more infuriating was that when I did mine online and
sent the list to the library, they lost it, so I had spent an entire morning
searching the catalogue for nothing.  Learning from that, I now keep a Word
document of my list which I  add to each time I find a book I want.  RNIB
say the new system will be implemented in October, and about time too! I
reckon they've had more systems installed over the years thanDr. Who's
tardis! I find it terribly frustrating to ring the helpline, only to be told
that not everyone there knows how to use the Braille catalogue, so I
invariably have to ring back.  What a ridiculous situation that is.

Sorry, but RNIB's library service isn't my favourite department at the
moment.  Dare I say incompetence?

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns