[access-uk] Re: rnib talking book library

  • From: Chris Moore <moore.c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 17:46:34 +0100

William/Jackie,

I believe the RNIB ran a trial of having the talking books delivered on memory
cards instead of CD.  This meant the memory cards could be re-used.  The trial
was successful according to RNIB's website, but two years on and we still don't
have memory cards as an option.

It has got to the stage now where I simply zip up the contents of the CD and
transfer them to my iPhone to read via m Daisy (I think that is what it is
called, and sadly it is not the best of daisy apps).  I do have a Milestone
312, but don't find it very intuitive.  I quite like the Victor stream, but
feel its a bit old hat now.

Is anyone on list a international bookshare customer? I hear their app is
pretty good.

I have to be honest, I think the Plextalk CD player RNIB supply is a breeze to
use, I just hate the lottery approach of receiving them.

Chris