[access-uk] Re: rnib talking book library

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 16:54:21 +0100

Hi David

I can get round the various components of the website, but some things are
awkward to locate, even with a fairly simple search.  The site can be slow
at times, and a bit tedious.

I tend to read books rather than listen to them, so it's the Braille
catalogue I use.  This is pretty ok, but the whole way of managing your
talking books, downloading them to an accessible device etc should be
available now.  Having said that, it is great that there is now so much to
read or listen to out there.

What is it that you and your wife find so hard David?  If I were you, use
the search boxes to type in a title or author, then use the headings feature
to jump between results.  I guess it depends what screen reader you are
using?

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns