[access-uk] Re: require your help regarding assignment

  • From: "John Gregory" <jgm.gregory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 16:38:56 -0000

Hi Austin,

I assume that you are looking for case law rather than case studies? There
are several websites that provide these, for example, lexus nexus. However,
they do require a subscription or, as a student, your institution should be
able to provide you with an ATHENS password to access such databases. Check
with your student library administrator if you do not have such a password.
When you are searching for case law, you would probably want to look for
something like SEN cases (Special Educational Needs) for the information you
are looking for. Unfortunately I am not involved in that discipline, so
cannot provide any such information myself.I am also assuming that you are
an undergraduate and would not be required to provide the in-depth critical
analysis required by postgraduate studies, but nevertheless, it is always
good practice to give background information on the topic area, i.e. the
enacted legislation before going into your analysis. For this, and I am
again assuming that you are in the UK, you would need a copy of the Special
Educational Needs and Disability Act (2001) which you can find here:
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2001/10/contents

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

John.