[access-uk] Re: removing programs from startup?

  • From: "martin wilsher" <m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 10:34:10 -0000

I think this would have to be done in msconfig.

it's a bit tricky this, as In  my experience, jaws does not read the entire
path to a programme, only the first few lines, which might be problematic as
unchecking the wrong box could end up with you messing up your pc.  only
uncheck the items you are sure about.

to get into ms config go to run, then type msconfig.

once in there, go to the general tab and right arrow to start up.

tab till you get to a list, then arrow down, listening carefully to the file
paths.  if they sound like they belong to the progs you want to disable, then
press the space bar to do this.

once you're satisfied with this, tab to the ok button, hit enter, and then yes
to the message about restarting your pc.  the pc will restart and you should
find all progs you want to disable are disabled.

warning! there is no recovery tool for win 98.  , so no changes can be reversed
like they can in xp if things go wrong.

hth
Hope to hear from you soon.

from Martin.

Please email me at:

m.wilsher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thanks.

if you're interested in discussing everything soft toy animal related, please
visit my group at:

http://groups.msn.com/thesofttoyanimalcollectorsgroup

please visit my website:

www.martin-wilsher.co.uk